There’s no replacement for finding your root cause and addressing that to win the long game. But just because you’re playing the long game doesn’t mean you don’t need some short term wins.
- Leverage L-theanine. L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea and has been shown to reduce symptoms of anxiety and physiological signs of stress, like high blood pressure.
- Use lavender to relieve anxiety. Lavender can help promote a calm state, which makes it a great essential oil to keep on hand. Try smelling lavender before a stressful presentation, when you’re ready for bed, or just before meditation or yoga.
- Get your yoga on. Research studies have shown as little as one hour of hatha yoga per week can help promote relaxation and reduce anxiety.
- Bring on the Passion Flower. Passionflower has been shown to be as effective as anxiety medications—without the unwanted side effects.
- Mood Shifting Magnesium. This mineral is incredibly important to mental health and women’s health in general. In one study it was found that magnesium daily reduced PMS-related anxiety. This is also a common deficiency, which is why I’ve seen so many of my clients benefit from taking it.